Saturday, March 29, 2008

Great deals on Craiglist

I like bargain hunting. It feels so great to get a good deal, and one thing I love more than anything is negotiating. If you have ever gone down to mexico and shopped around, or if you frequent garage sales, you know what I'm talking about.

It doesn't matter what kind of crap you come home with as long as you can tell people, "I got this for $3. It's Regularly $9.95 you know. Also, make sure you add, "They didn't want to give it me, but was able to talk them down."

We love impressing our friends this way. For some reason we believe our friends are thinking "wow, what a skilled negotiator," when in reality they know the truth, which is that you and I are in fact cheap.

This is why I enjoy using Craigslist. You can sell junk you don't need, at a higher price than you could get at a garage sale (and with way less work). On the flip side, as a buyer you may spend more getting items, but you can look at pictures before you get in your car. You can also call or email the seller and ask about the item, and most people who are selling stuff are really nice to you, probably because you know where they live.

No comments: